NAPAWF in St. Cloud, MN
The St. Cloud chapter welcomes all Asian, Pacific Islander, and Hapa women and girls to meetings and events. Come find out more about NAPAWF – St. Cloud or to get involved in your community. Meetings take place starting 6:30pm-8:30pm at various locations on a Friday.
This intensive, interactive weekend retreat will empower young Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) girls ages 14-18 with the strategies, rhetoric and confidence to address sexual violence in their communities. Participants will learn the skills necessary to become leaders of social change for other AAPI girls and women.
- Began meeting in 2001
- Screened the movie Hecho En Los Angeles
- Documentary on immigration, worker’s rights, and justice which resulted in the increase of garment workers’ wages
- Listen Up Conference in 2007
- Over 200 people attended workshops
- Teen Retreat in 2008
- Teen Retreat in May 2011
- Increased the confidence and self-esteem of teen participants
- Educated attendees at the Dragon Festival about API women’s issues
- 15th Year Anniversary Celebration
- Help coordinate local, regional and national initiatives to improve nail salon worker health and safety
2017 St. Cloud Chapter Leaders:
Amee Vang, Co–Chair
Alexandria Vang, Co–Chair
Hedy Tripp, Treasurer
Bao Lee, Secretary
Phiengtavanh Savatdy, Historian
For more information about the chapter, please email email@example.com.