The DREAM Act provides an opportunity for undocumented youth to become eligible for legal status by pursuing higher education and/or military service. Read NAPAWF’s statement on the DREAM Act here.
Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid, has introduced the DREAM Act as a stand-alone bill during the Lame Duck session, and it is being voted on in the House TOMORROW morning!
ACT NOW to make sure your Representative supports the DREAM Act!
Reach your Representative’s office through this following number: 866-967-6018.
Hello, my name is _______ and I’m calling as a member of NAPAWF (the National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum). I’m calling Representative ____ to support the DREAM Act. The DREAM Act is an important bill that will provide a path to legalization for undocumented students and improve the economic prosperity of the US. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has committed to introducing the DREAM Act tomorrow and as the Representative’s constituent, I call on him/her to support this important bill.
Tips on Making an Effective Call
• Call your Representative first before calling other legislators.
• Be willing to give your name and contact information because legislators often respond to phone inquiries by mail.
• Briefly introduce yourself and the group you represent.
• Clearly and concisely state your position on the DREAM Act.
Some facts to share:
– Nearly 40% of the students at University of California schools that would benefit from the DREAM Act are API
– The DREAM Act offers the opportunity for a generation of talented young people who have grown up in this country to achieve their dreams. In turn, they will work or help defend our country, pay taxes, and add to the diversity of our nation.
– The DREAM Act allows our nation to recoup the investments it made when it funded the education of the DREAM Act students during the 12 years they were in primary and secondary schools.