Dear NAPAWF members,
This is the last of the Immigration Is HERstory and Our Story Campaign email series, but it certainly will not be the last opportunity to engage in comprehensive immigration reform. As CIR continues to gain momentum, NAPAWF will keep sending action alerts to inform you of opportunities to ensure justice for API immigrant women and girls.
In the meantime, we want to connect you to the larger national movement through the Campaign to Reform Immigration for America. The Campaign is a national effort working to build support for comprehensive immigration reform at the grassroots level. It is based on inclusive Campaign Principles that are in line with NAPAWF’s Immigration Principles.
Here are actions that you can take to become a part of the Campaign:
- Visit the Campaign website to learn about events happening across the country and sign up for email updates.
- Text “AAPI” to 69866 to join the National Cell Phone Action Network, which will keep you looped into the fight for immigration reform by sending urgent action alerts and the latest news, specific to your state.
- Send a FREE fax through the Campaign to your member of Congress urging them to support just and humane immigration reform! In total, the Campaign has sent over 150,000 faxes so far and we want to keep them coming!
- Call your representatives to urge them to support comprehensive immigration reform! Contact the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 to be directly connected to your Representative. If you don’t know who your Representative is you can find out here.
- Sign a postcard remotely and demonstrate your solidarity with the API community for immigration reform. Help us reach our goal of 500 signed postcards!
- Connect the personal to the political. Share your immigration story with NAPAWF (email firstname.lastname@example.org) and help us show Congress why immigration reform is important for API women and girls.
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to participate in NAPAWF’s Immigration Is HERstory and Our Story Campaign so far!
For questions or assistance with these actions please contact Lan at email@example.com.