A story of a single Hmong man in Fresno, June 2008, a 21 years old had appendicitis with no private and medical health insurance. He and his parent believed that it was a stomach flue or typical stomach after eating some unusual foods. Because the young man does not have medical or private health insurance and have no access to any medical care resources, they kept treating him with herbal medicine such as traditional herbs and stomach massage. This had been going one for over two weeks. Due to very serious pain, they took him to the emergency room. ER doctor checked and found that the appendix was ruptured and the messes already poisoned his blood system. He finally died at age 21.