NAPAWF*NYC’s Upcoming Events:
- Summer 2014 Movie Viewings and Exciting Things From Our New Board!!!
- June 2014 – Board Election and Info Session
- May 2014 – “Spring Forward” Mixer and May Membership Drive, offering professional head shots photography
- April 2014 – Personal Finance Workshop (Empowerment Series), Part 1 “Save Up: Simple Steps for Long-Term Wealth”, Part 2 “Debt to Zero: Staying on Top of Loans and Credit
- March 2014 - Tea Talk with New York Asian Women’s Center on Domestic Violence; Special Tour at the Museum of Chinese in America
- February 2014 – “Serve the People: The Asian American Movement in New York” Viewing at Interference Archives
- October 9, 2013- Community Meet and Greet
- August 17, 2013- Tea Talk “Modern Feminism & the Modern APIA NYC Woman”
- July 31, 2013- Social Event- July Movie Screening of Moonrise Kingdom
- July 25, 2013- Health Resource Guide Outreach Discussion
- June 22, 2013- Tea Talk “Thinking About & Beyond Choice: Reproductive Justice for AAPI Communities”
- June 2013 Board Elections
- Board Application can be found here: NAPAWFNYC-June 2013 Board Application Final
Thursday, June 13: Board Info Session at Food Gallery 32 (11 West 32nd Street in K-Town) at 7 pm
Saturday, June 15: Applications for Board positions DUE at 11:59 pm EST
Monday, June 17: Online poll for Board Elections OPENS at 12:00 pm EST
Friday, June 21: Online poll for Board Elections CLOSES at 6:00 pm EST
Saturday, June 22: Board Elections results announced
- May 2013- Kettlebell Kibkckboxing and Bikram Yoga
- April 2013- Tea Talk: Immigration Reform and the AAPI Community
- March 2013
- March 7- Publication and Launch of our Health Resource Guide NAPAWF*NYC has compiled a health resource guide for AAPI women and girls in New York City, focusing on areas critical to our community. To view the guide, please click here.
- March 27- Documentary Screening of Patsy Mink: Ahead of the Majority
- March 29- Monthly Group Dinner
- February 2013
- February 21- Monthly Group Dinner
- February 24- Tea Talk: Health Relationships
- January 2013- Sexy Night Out with NAPAWF*NYC at Babeland NAPAWF*NYC partnered with Babeland to offer a fun and informative introductory workshop exploring sexuality, personal empowerment, and pleasure.
- December 2012- NAPAWF*NYC Holiday Celebration Celebrated the holidays and the end of an unforgettable year with our NAPAWF*NYC sisters!
- November 2012- Protect Asian American Voting Rights NAPAWF*NYC partnered with the Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALDEF) and other Asian American groups in NYC to conduct critical election protection work.
- October 2012 - First of Our Monthly Group Dinners NAPAWF*NYC sisters convene a small group dinner at a different restaurant each month. An opportunity to meet some fierce NAPAWF sisters, learn more about NAPAWF or just to chat about what’s been on your mind!
- October 2012- 15th Annual March Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault The sisters marched in partnership with the Korean American Family Service Center to raise awareness about domestic violence in our community and to recognize all victims and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault, past and present.
- September 2012- Tea Talk: A Conversation with Miriam Yeung: Lessons in APA Activism and Nonprofit Leadership. NAPAWF members engaged in dialogue with our own Executive Director about her journey to leading a national non-profit organization, the state of AAPI and women’s issues and AAPI leadership today.
- August 2012- Board Retreat to discuss how to better engage our members and serve our community.
- July 2012 - Tea Talk: “Microaggressions”: Subtle Stereotypes that Hurt and Oppress
- May 2012
- An afternoon tea that allowed for a frank discussion on mental health, a highly stigmatized issue amongst Asian Americans; how we could address this personally and in the community.
- An inaugural mixer, introducing ourselves and NAPAWF campaigns to interested folk. It gave us the opportunity to hear about what issues mattered to the local community and build a strong network of members and allies.
- February 2012 - An afternoon tea that created a space for members to tell their stories of getting involved with activism and becoming NAPAWF advocates for API women and girls!
- January 2012 - A meet-and-greet and introductory meeting for progressive AAPI women in NYC to learn about NAPAWF and see each other’s beautiful faces!