The National Governing Board of the National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum seeks energetic, visionary, fabulous, fierce nominations for new board members.
Founded in 1995, NAPAWF’s mission is to build a movement to advance social justice and human rights for Asian and Pacific Islander (API) women and girls in the United States. NAPAWF implements our mission by increasing the leadership, political power and visibility of API women and girls through community and public education, advocacy, collaboration, and grassroots multi-issue organizing.
NAPAWF’s current priorities are to expand the membership and visibility of the organization by building our grassroots membership, supporting strong chapters, and continuing to advocate and organize on policies that affect the lives of API women and girls. Having completed a strategic plan in 2008, as well as a successful leadership transition, the organization is poised to take advantage of the current political moment to expand our influence and profile.
Board members are crucial to the success of the organization. NAPAWF’s board members are expected to serve a term of three years. The focus of the board of directors is on governance and fund development. Members are expected to participate on bimonthly conference calls, and two face-to-face meetings a year.
In addition, members are expected to fundraise, serve on at least one committee, and act as ambassadors for NAPAWF.
NAPAWF has identified a few specific skills that we hope to bring onto the board:
- Strategic communication skills: NAPAWF seeks board member with media and communications experience who can help expand NAPAWF’s message to wider audiences.
- Public policy skills: NAPAWF seeks a board member with progressive policy expertise, economic justice focus a plus.
NAPAWF also seeks a diverse board and strongly encourages applications from those outside of the San Francisco Bay Area, and/or those of South East Asian, South Asian, Japanese, Hapa, or Pacific Islander ethnicities and/or those who identify as LGBTQ.
- Nominations are due by April 1, 2013, download your 2013 NAPAWF NGB Board Nominations – Template
- Information sessions and interviews in April and May.
- National Governing Board approves board candidates in June.
- New board members are expected to attend the board member orientation and board meeting in summer 2013.
To be nominated, please submit a completed nominations form to email@example.com. You are absolutely free to, and invited to, nominate yourself!
If you have any questions, please contact:
Sui Lang, Board Member, at firstname.lastname@example.org